Thursday, February 7, 2013

The beginning

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chris, a soon to be 20 year old guy from The Netherlands. Last september I started college to study Social Work. It started out allright but I quickly felt out of place. Sitting at a desk all day just isn't for me, at least not yet. I found myself daydreaming about traveling and the thought of traveling started to grow before It became an itch I couldn't ignore anymore. The problem is, as always, money. Instead of being busy doing homework for school, I started doing research on traveling with little to no money. One of the first, and probably most informative, website I found was http://www.hobolifestyle.com/ The answer to the money problem appeared to be quite simple: Hitchhiking, sleeping rough and couch-surfing. This will mostly limit expenses to food and drinks. It's going to be a challenge and it's going to be tough but I look forward to it! The daydream is turning into a reality and I'm excited about the future. On this blog I will post updates from the road on my adventures as well as pictures. I will be keeping you up to date on both the good and the bad times. I've never done anything like this before so it will be a huge learning experience. Tips and tricks I pick up along the way will also be shared on this blog for everyone who has thought of doing something similar as this. This wraps up the first post on my blog. I hope to have sketched a clear picture of what this blog will be about and that some of you who read this will follow my travels. Take care, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment