Friday, May 3, 2013

Sweden is pretty sweet!

Last monday I left Enschede early to make my way to Scandinavia. I hoped I would make it to Copenhagen in one day but I counted on two days. I caught a ride to the highway after 5 minutes of waiting. The guy gave me a pack of oreo's for the rest of the trip, that was pretty awesome since a family stopped with 2 little kids in the car. They asked if the kids would mind if I would be in the car with them. I gave them the oreo's and I was their new best friend. Did I say that that family drove me all the way to Denmark? Well they did! 14:30 and I allready was in Denmark. Copenhagen was within reach.It still took me 5 more rides. The 4th ride was probably the 2nd best of the day. I had the wrong phone-number of the guy where I would sleep in Copenhagen and knew the right one was in my mailbox. The 4th person who offered me a ride took me to his beautiful apartment, let me use his laptop and gave me a beer and a sandwich for on the way. I arrived in Copenhagen at 21:30ish. It was a long day, but I made it. Within an hour I was asleep and the next day I left again. My goal was Gothenburg in Sweden. After 5 hours of waiting on the same spot on the highway by Malmö in Sweden, I hitched a ride to the center and took the train. The 5 hours of waiting weren't that bad though, since my girlfriend texted me that she will join me! In Gothenburg I can stay at an awesome family. The guy knows every single street and tree in the area and everyday we walk around for hours and see new things. For example this was the first time i saw a badger in the wild, and it was in the middle of the city. After Gothenburg im going back to Prien am Chiemsee in Germany to pick up my girlfriend and then go back home for a week or two, before traveling around together. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment