Sunday, April 28, 2013

Im back in the Netherlands..

I left Prien friday morning towards Bruckmuhl to meet up with the guy who would take me 500km up north to Mainz. After only 30 seconds of waiting I got my first ride. An old hippie woman who used to hitchhike herself brought me close to Rosenheim. From there I managed to get a direct ride to Bruckmuhl. After some coffee we hit the road. The traffic that day was horrible, it took way longer than we expected to get to Mainz. Managed to get a place to sleep close to the city and the next day the plan was to go north again towards Rostock and from there take the ferry directly to Copenhagen. Sadly my first ride of the day misunderstood me, and instead of taking me to the a5 highway, we got on the a60. At first I thought "o well, he's a local here, he would know the fastest route". Sadly I was wrong, and when I noticed we were close to Cologne I asked if he got let me out at the nearest gasstation. He felt really sorry for taking me into the wrong direction and gave me 10 euro's to put towards food and drinks for that day so that was pretty sweet. On the parking lot I found a dutch truck driver. I asked him how I can get back on track the fastest way. He replied I'd have to take a little de-tour through The Netherlands in order to get back on the right highway, and so I did. I drove with him to Arnhem and from there I hitchhiked to Enschede, a city close to the German border and with the highway a1 that goes in the right direction to Denmark. Here I will stay with a friend till monday morning, and as soon as the trucks hit the road I will try to join them. I arrived in Enschede just at the right time. It was the last day of the "Batavieren-race", a running competition for students all over the country. This meant I walked right into a BBQ and some beers. Good times! Till next time, Chris

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, hitchhiking isn't always as easy as it might seem but sure is fun! hope you'll make to denmark soon and then sweden! gothenburg is waiting and i even picked out a perfect spot for you to set up camp at!

    ReplyDelete