Sunday, April 21, 2013

Due update

After the night in the hostel in Trieste I walked through the city all day, enjoying the sun and amazing views. I met a french hitchhiker and we spend the day together talking about traveling and where we've been so far. I completely forgot that I still needed a place to sleep but then a friend of mine in Ljubljana texted me "call this number if you still need to find a place to sleep in Trieste". I called the number and after 30 minutes a guy showed up and asked "Are you from the Netherlands?" I replied yes, and I had a place to sleep for the next 3 nights. They showed me the city and I've had a really good time there. Thursday morning I left Trieste to go back to Prien in Germany to visit my girlfriend (where I am now). The bus I took to get to the edge of the city was extremely crowded and I couldn't move at all with my backpack on my back without pushing people over. Someone took this as a great opportunity to steal my tent from my backpack, which sucks big time. Tomorrow morning I'll go shopping for a new one, but budget wise it's not that pleasant. Tuesday I will leave to a friend I met last month, the guy who took me 500km from Mainz to Munich. He lives 30km away from Prien and next weekend he will go back up to Mainz again so I can travel the full 500km with him for the 2nd time, which is pretty awesome. After that I will be 500km closer to Denmark, which is my next destination. After Denmark I'll cross the bridge to Sweden and there I'll probably stay camping for a while and not leave the country a week after I got there. As always, check out my facebook page: www.facebook.com/DrifterInEurope for pictures and all that goodness. Take care, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment