Friday, April 5, 2013

Italy

After 2 awesome weeks it was time to kiss my girl goodbye and go on the road again, with Italy as destination. We took the train out of Prien to the highway and from there I hitch hiked alone again. It took me 4 rides to get to Innsbruck, and surprisingly 2 of those rides were with a female driver. This was the first time I got picked up by females while hitchhiking alone. At a gasstation outside of Innsbruck I talked to a Bulgarian couple who were on their way to Verona in Italy, and I could join them on the 250km journey. I managed to get all the rides without much waiting. The cold helped me a lot because everyone said they felt sorry for me standing in this type of weather. In Verona I tried to find a cheap place to sleep, which is impossible in this city. It's a beautiful city but with that comes a price so I don't really recommend it to people traveling on a low budget. After walking through the city for 3 hours I finally found a "cheap" B&B thanks to my dad. Tomorrow I'll walk around the city a bit more and take some pictures and then I will hit the road again. I will craft another one of my famous "away" signs and from there I'll see. Now it's time to close my eyes and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment