Friday, March 22, 2013

Austria so far

Well I didn't make it over the Alpes yet... After the last update I got picked up by a guy who lives in Upper Austria in a small town called Senftenbach he invited me to stay at his place, and so I did. He called up some friends and his brothers and threw a little birthday. After a fun night I had a chance to was my clothes and take a shower before he dropped me off on the road again. From there I hitched my way to Linz. In Linz I got picked up by a Romanian guy so I could make it to Vienna. The bad part was that he didn't want to stop. Twice. He kept saying "no we go Budapest." 60km out of the way from Vienna he finally stopped and I had to stand in the rain for an hour before I managed to get a ride to Vienna. In Vienna I booked a bed in a hostel for 10 euros and today I wanted to stay an extra night since I didn't get any couchsurf responses (again), and they raised the price to 25 euros for a bed because of easter. Since that is out of budget I'll try to hitch my way towards Italy. It's gonna be at least 2 days of traveling, but the weather keeps getting worse here and soon it will be freezing again, which means lots of snow in a short time period. That's about it for this update I think. Don't forget I have a paypal donate button!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment