Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Living the goodlife

Well the free hostel city tour was cancelt for the day so I went into Munich on my own, where I was lucky enough to find another free guided city tour by a guy named Kevin, who immigrated from Texas to Munich. The tour lasted 3 hours and was very informative. He was passionate about all kinds of quirky facts that you normally wouldn't hear from a guide, which made the hours fly by. After the tour I went back to the hostel to have something to eat and change rooms. After that it was time for some more sightseeing. I returned to the hostel at dinnertime and after dinner headed to the bar for the happy hour(s!), which was great fun. Met some people form Korea, New Zealand and Canada. After a night of partying it was time to hit the road again. I walked 2,5 hours towards the east and from there I found a gasstation which was a good place to start hitchhiking from. Atleast I thought so... After 3 hours in the cold I finally found a ride, but 15km out of the city he stopped and said get out now, when I was in the middle of nowhere. I thought my luck has turned for the worst but I must have a guardian angel somewhere because out of nowhere a man stopped, offered to take me to the autobahn and asked if I had a place to stay yet. I replied no and he said well now you do. Apparently he owns a huge office building in the area where I could crash for the night. I had a nice shower, watched some tv and just relaxed after a day in the cold. Then he said that we should go to the supermarket, and he bought me for 2 days worth of food. The next morning he took me to the autobahn and now I'm currently writing this post from a gasstation near Austria. Today I'll probably make it over the Alpes and find some warmer temperatures. That's about it for now since the last update, thanks for reading and soon you'll hear more! (and when I have wifi for a longer period than 1 hour I promise I will make a photo album so you can see what I've seen)

No comments:

Post a Comment